Wednesday 17 September 2014

Jammy Dodger

I love classic recipes. Simple easy recipes that are delicious and hassle-free to make, as well as catering to the super-refined palettes of those picky eaters we all know. One of my favourites is the Victoria Sandwich Cake. Its so easy, sweet and perfect for any occasion, as well as being super easy to decorate. So when my mum asked me to make some cupcakes for herself and a friend, who was coming over for a coffee, I thought about what would be quick to make but at the same time truly delicious.

So I found a really easy and super fast vanilla cupcake recipe from Natasha's Kitchen, and added a little something extra...

After the cupcakes had fully cooled, (which by the way takes so much less time than regular cakes and is one of the reasons I love cupcakes so much) I used a teaspoon (not the measuring kind, but the normal one), to make a teaspoon sized hole in the middle of the cake, just less than an inch deep and filled it with my favourite, strawberry jam. Then I whipped up a little whipped cream (pun totally intended) and piped it on top. The result, absolutely divine...

I give you, the Victoria Sandwich Cupcake!










Just look at all that delicious strawberry filling!






I should also confess that after making these cupcakes, I proceeded to pipe the remaining whipped cream into my mouth. Now I'm not proud of it, but I definitely don't regret it. That cream was goooooood.

Enjoy the song :)




Next post is another classic, you'll enjoy it!





No comments:

Post a Comment