Thursday 28 November 2013

5 a day

I know I always give you guys a million and one excuses about how busy I've been but I have good news, things have finally slowed down! The last couple weeks I have almost non-stop rehearsals on top of assignments and that's why I've been a blog hermit (not sure if that analogy actually makes sense)! The thing I had rehearsals for is done (sniff sniff) and now I have a lot more time on my hands (well technically I should be doing a lot of reading but I consider blagging it in seminars a talent that should be regularly practised).

Anyway, excuses and apologies aside, I whipped up (quite literally) something very tasty and in what some circles is considering healthy for you...Carrot Cake!

Considering that this was the first time I'd made carrot cake, and my housemates were very very excited to eat it, I was under a little pressure. Personally, I think as a first try, this cake came out absolutely delicious and so perfectly moist and just perfect in every possible way and the cream cheese frosting came out so nice and light and just...sorry. I am so proud of this cake and how delicious it was!

Queue the excessive number of mouth watering pictures...


Can we just pause for a minute and discuss the perfect golden brown colour of the cake. Also my housemate helped me line my cake tins and she always does it perfectly and I'm not sure how I'm going to survive without her at Christmas :(








Yeah so the cake. That was real good. Recipe was taken from Robin Hood. Not the actual Robin Hood...DUH. Only change I would make to the cake would be to put more icing in the middle. Other than that I am pretty darn proud of my first attempt.

So the cookies below...I've done a second post for HerUni.com! Its not up on the website yet, but it should be soon so keep an eye out!


I'm thinking of doing a post on my budget health & beauty products...how d'you guys feel about that?

Ahh heck, I'll probably do it anyway...and I think I might go and bake another carrot cake too :O

The song below is awesome and I still need to see Despicable Me 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment